Tel. nr. +37069988566
1995 – 2001 m. studied Economics at the Vilnius University Faculty of Economics (Master’s degree).
2001 – 2009 m. studied solo singing under Professor Vytautas Juozapaitis at the Lithuanian Academy of Music and Theatre (Licentiate of Arts).
- In 2005 and 2006 participated in summer festivals „Oper Oder Spree“ (Germany).
- On the 30th of April 2006 made a scenic debut in the role of Pilėnietis in V.Klova‘s opera „Pilėnai“ at the 50 year anniversary‘s performance of the Lithuanian Opera Company of Chicago.
- Since 2006 is a soloist of Panevėžys Music Theatre.
- Since 2007 is a guest soloist of Klaipėda State Music Theatre.
- Since 2009 is a teacher of Solo Singing in the Faculty of Arts of the Vilnius University of Applied Sciences, study program of Music Theatre.
- Finalist of the Lithuanian singing TV show & contest "Triumphal arch 2010".
- Since 2010 sings as a countertenor (alto).
- On the 27 of November 2011 has won a 2nd prize of V International Chamber Singers Competition "Beatričė" in Vilnius.
- Since 2012 is a soloist of the Baltic Chamber Opera Theater.
- Since 2013 is a member of the Lithuanian Musicians' Union.
- In 2013 Algirdas Bagdonavičius was granted the Status of Art Creator of Lithuania.
- Since 2014 is a member of the international early music ensemble Canto Fiorito.
Soloist constantly attends the vocal master classes. Over the last five years he studied under the Professors:
- Andris Veismanis, Andis Petersons (Latvia),
- Barbro Marklund-Petersone (Sweden, Norway),
- Mona Julsrud (Norway),
- Buddug Verona-James, Derek Barnes, David Gowland, Laura Sarti (United Kingdom),
- Vladimiras Prudnikovas (Lithuania),
- Mark Tucker (United Kingdom, Germany), Raminta Lampsatis (Germany, Lithuania), Steglitzer Tage für alte Musik 2013 (Berlin, Germany),
- Alessandro Pagliazzi, Roberto Balconi (Italy).
Concert activity. Algirdas Bagdonavičius constantly sings in various concerts and performances, TV shows. His repertoire is very diverse - from the Medieval to the Contemporary music. Dominates operatic, chamber and sacred music. Is a member of the different early music ensembles and opera troupes.
Lithuanian soloist gave concerts in USA, Italy, Germany, Romania, Sweden.
- Ottone (C.Monteverdi’s L’incoronazione di Poppea),
- Giulio Cesare, Orlando and Rinaldo (G. F. Händel),
- Ruggiero (A.Vivaldi’s Orlando furioso),
- Oberon (B.Britten’s Midsummer night’s dream),
- Tigrane (G. M. Pagliardi’s Caligula),
- Gao Lishi (Y.Wang’s Yang Guifei – die Konkubine des Kaisers).
Oratorio, mass and cantata parts:
- Carmina burana (C.Orff),
- Stabat Mater PV 621 (A.Vivaldi),
- Juditha triumphans – Ozias (A.Vivaldi),
- Theodora – Didymus (G. F. Händel),
- Magnificat, Johannes passion (J. S. Bach),
- Rockquiem (A.Tolpygo).
Language knowledge: English (very good), German, Italian (good), Lithuanian, Russian (perfect).